The Central University of South Bihar (CUSB) is one of the sixteen newly established Central Universities by the Government of India under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (Section 25 of 2009). The university is located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology, Patna. On 28 February 2014, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus in Gaya. It will be spread in 300 acre campus at Panchanpur.
The university offers postgraduate and undergraduate programmes in various fields. Admission used to be through Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), and in addition, in some cases, interview or group discussion. Now the university conducts its own test christened as CUSBET, across cities in India which can be viable as examination centres.
The university consists of the following schools:
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences.
- School of Human Sciences.
- School of Languages and Literature.
- Center for Foreign Languages
- Center for Indian Languages
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
- School of Media, Art & Aesthetics.
- School of Social Sciences and Policy.
- School of Education
- School of Law and Governance
The President of India is the Visitor of the university. The first Chancellor is Meira Kumar, former Speaker of the Lok Sabha. H.C.S. Rathore is the Vice-Chancellor and Om Prakash Rai is the Pro Vice-Chancellor.
Coordinates: 25°35′51″N85°05′15″E / 25.5974°N 85.0875°E / 25.5974; 85.0875
Central University of South Bihar (CUSB), Patna was established in 2009. It has been one of the prestigious universities of Bihar. Though it is established recently at a transit location but its curriculum and the facilities are very much qualitative. It was formed under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (Act 25 of 2009).
- Currently, all the academic operations of the university are being carried out from a transit campus at Birla Institute of Technology grounds, Patna.
- It is expected that the university will have its own campus in 3 years of time at Gaya. The most expected location will be Panchanpur which is around 10 km from Gaya. The university will be established on 300 acres of Defense land, provide by Government of India on December 2013 and all the operations will be started from their very soon
- It accepts facilitations from national and International institutions apart from the Central and State Governments. The objective of the university is to endow with quality education for students from all section of the society
- It has also decided to come up with new academic Programs at the Gaya campus keeping the new location in mind.
Facts & Figures:
20000 (Total Books)
Both Girls and Boys
How to Reach
8 Km away from Patna Junction
8.9 Km away from Mithapur Bus Stand
2.6 Km away from Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- School of Physical and Chemical Sciences
- School of Earth, Biological, and Environmental Sciences
- School of Technology
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Social Sciences and Policy
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Languages and Literature
- School of Media, Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Law and Governance
- School of Agriculture and Development
Central University of South Bihar Courses Structure:
Central University of South Bihar (CUSB) has walked into the sixth year of its presence with a relatively strong community of students and teachers. There are 9 schools and 17 departments /Centers. The introduction of LLM, M.Ed., and full-fledged Ph.D. program this year would add another feather in CUSB’s cap.
Central University of South Bihar Fee Structure:
For more information click here: Fee Structure
All the 80 computers are equipped with latest operating system and application software to cater to the academic needs.
Internet connectivity is provided under the scheme of National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NME-ICT) project of Government of India. All computers are connected with 1 GBPS Internet connectivity.
The university library is equipped with modern software technologies like DELNET, OPAC, and CAS. It has a collection of over more than 12,000 books from various subjects It has around 100 quality print journals and subscribes to 7,000 online journals.
The hostel facility is available for both boys and girls separately. The Boys Hostel has a capacity of 80 male students and Girls Hostel has a capacity of 40 female students.
Events & Festivals
Inter-University Festival - The 30th All India Inter University Youth Festival of East Zone is to be held during 15-19 December 2014 at Ranchi University, Ranchi. The various events to be held under the fests are - music competitions, dance events, literary events and fine art events etc.
The university offers the under mentioned awards and scholarships-
- Merit Scholarship to Semester/CUCET
- Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for Hostellers
- Attendance Based Merit
- Financial Assistance for the Physically Challenged students
- Earn While You Learn (EWYL)