- 123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
- Home: (555) 123-9876
- Cell: (555) 123-9876
April 12, 2014
State of South Dakota Bureau of Finance and Management
RE: Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor
Dear Hiring Manager,
It is with great excitement that I forward my application for the role of Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor with the Bureau of Finance and Management. I am confident my strong communication skills, resourcefulness, and diverse expertise in accounting practices will enable me to streamline procedures and support growth for the organization.
A background and undergraduate degree in Accounting alongside diverse business experience have prepared me to hit the ground running as a highly-productive member your team. My previous managers have relied upon my ability to quickly identify issues and errors and swiftly implement effective solutions.
I am an analytical thinker, with the grit and tenacity to accomplish complex assignments under tight deadlines. My tireless work ethic and proven business acumen allow me to leverage a comprehensive understanding of company operations to establish effective organizational processes and enhance efficiency.
Please consider the following qualifications:
- CPA candidate with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting from the University of Alaska Southeast.
- Managed financial records and assets for Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation where I was able to utilize and develop my accounting knowledge and skills in a corporate environment.
- Effective time manager with strong organizational skills.
After researching the State of South Dakota Bureau of Finance and Management, I believe this type of work environment would be a great opportunity to further my career. I have attached my resume, which further illustrates my skills. I am a resourceful accountant with a commitment to strengthening interpersonal communication and fostering teamwork.
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to someone from your team regarding a Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor position. I may be contacted at email@example.com or (907) 745-1887. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Accountant Cover Letter
Accountants offer financial advice to a variety of clients. These professionals are specialized in multiple areas, such as management consultancy, audit, taxation, assurance, or insolvency. Specific duties of an Accountant include analyzing business plans, advising managers, preparing tax returns, administering payroll, writing reports, making financial predictions, interviewing clients, taking part in audits, and performing risk analysis.
A successful cover letter example resume for Accountant puts emphasis on the following qualifications:
- Business acumen and self-motivation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to manage deadlines
- Customer service and people skills
- Communication abilities
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of accountancy software
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving orientation
A cover letter for Accountant displaying similar qualifications is available below.
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Accountant cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Accountant cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Accountant resume samples.
Dear Mr. Hernandez:
When I learned of Goodlines’s need for an Accountant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an accounting professional with more than 15 years of experience managing general accounting and reporting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From generating and analyzing financial reports and overseeing account reconciliations to driving month-close processes and implementing effective financial policies, I excel in strategically performing all aspects of accounting operations. My demonstrated success in collaborating with peers to achieve top performance level—along with my expertise in Microsoft Excel, ADP, and Oracle—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization’s bottom line.Consider the following highlights of my experience include:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing accounting procedures, variance analyses, ad-hoc reports and projects, general ledger account tasks, and cost-reduction efforts to propel organizational performance.
- Ensuring all accounting procedures comply with internal and external regulations and policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Driving the success of various financial analysis projects involving Excel pivot tables and spreadsheets through expertise in VLOOKUPS.
- Excelling within a time-sensitive, fast-paced atmosphere while implementing highly efficient and accurate procedures to maximize productivity; perform effectively within both independent and team-oriented environments.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my solid interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Angela L. Petry